Aaron Stebner’s WebLog shows us how to install Windows Phone 7 SDK on Windows 2008 R2.
- Download the Windows Phone Developer Tools web bootstrapper and save it to your hard drive
- Extract the contents of the setup package by running vm_web.exe /x and choosing a path to extract to
- Go to the folder you extracted to in step 2 and open the file baseline.dat in notepad
- Look for the section named [gencomp7788]
Note – you have to change this exact section – this is the one that controls the OS version blocking behavior in Windows Phone Developer Tools setup.
- Change the value InstallOnLHS from 1 to 0
- Change the value InstallOnWin7Server from 1 to 0
- Save and close baseline.dat
- Run setup.exe /web from the folder you extracted to in step 2
Updated: This also works for WP7.1 sdk