In a hybrid environment we moved mailboxes from onprem to Office 365. Some of the users felt response from a mailbox in O365 was to slow so we enabled an archive mailbox in cloud and migrated the primary mailbox to onprem server. As soon as this was done the archive mailbox disappeared from Outlook. Tried running the “Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer” witch return the unexpected result of :
<ErrorCode>603</ErrorCode> <Message>The Active Directory user wasn’t found.</Message>
This was quite odd since the primary mailbox works in Outlook. Tried to compare to mailboxes , on where the archive was visible and one where it was not – they looked the same. Next I ran adsiedit to compare all values in ActiveDirectory for the two account. Nothing special, except one thing. On the one that did not work the AD attribute “msExchDelegateListBL” contained reference to an old onprem shared mailbox that had previously been moved to O365. Now this made som sense when Outlook run autodiscover it try to find and connect to all mailboxes that the user has been granted full access to. To solve this I had to use adsiedit on the active directory object of the old shared mailbox. Open properties for the mailbox and removed the problem user from the attribute “msExchDelegateListLink”.
One of our Exchange 2010 servers had its mailboxdatabases dismounted sometime during the night. When we tried to mount them we got a strange error message : “MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make admin interface connection to server. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)”
As we usually do with issued like this on Exchange is to check that all services have been started. Went into service manager and sorted on “Startup type” to see if all marked as Automatic startup was started, and they where. Next was to check all DNS records and Eventviewer. No luck. Rebooted server. Still no luck. Finally, a closer inspection, the “Microsoft Exchange Information Store” service was set to “Disabled”. Enabled and started it. Now it was possible to mount the databases. How it ended up being disabled is another issue, perhaps some update did it..
Couldn’t mount the database that you specified. Specified database: MBXDATABASE; Error code: An Active Manager operation failed with a transient error. Please retry the operation. Error: Database action failed with transient error. Error: A transient error occurred during a database operation. Error: MapiExceptionNetworkError: Unable to make admin interface connection to server. (hr=0x80040115, ec=-2147221227)
I know the situation, Your are using OWA, ActiveSync or Outlook (in online mode) to search for an old email. Your search request only returns new emails even though you can browse old emails. Now there is a good chance that mailbox database index has gone corrupt. You could do a check by running Test-ExchangeSearch but this might not return an error even though the index is corrupt.