One common question from users are “How can I forward my email to my home mail?” or from a manager “How can we forward his/her mail to the external address?”. In fact in Exchange there is several possibilities, but most of them requires some administrator involvement. For users to forward their own email an administrator would have to allow it.
Users could define a forward using outlook. This requre the administartor to allow it. The administrator will have to set “AutoForwardEnabled” on “Remote Domain” : Set-remotedomain “*” -AutoForwardEnabled $true . This will ofcourse enable this for all users. They will be enables to send to det remote domain defined or all.
As an administrator you could create an exchange contact and sett this as forwarding on the mailbox in the EMC. Mailbox properties and mailbox features -> Mail flow ->delivery options:
Here you can select an allready created Mail contact.
It can also be done from PowerShell, here you have one more option.Her we can specify either a contact or a smtp address, but you can not use both at the same time.
This will sett forwarding for mailbox with alias demouser to firstname.lastname@example.org , and also deliver mail to both the forwarding address and the mailbox. One thing to notice is that for this to work you will have to add “dom.ex” as a remote domain in exchange.
After you install KB3101496 missed phone calls are no longer displayed in Lync 2013/Skype. All other Lync functionality is ok. You will be notified about missed conversation and conversation. The only thing that I have noticed is that missed phone calls are not appearing in the list. After uninstalling this update everything went back to normale.
Once upon a time there was several on premise mailboxes. The follow up flags were working flawlessly from Outlook running in “online mode” on a RDS server. Someone installed hybrid mode and moved the mailboxes to O365. Now the user was really disappointed with the response from Outlook still running in Online Mode. One of the users got archive mailbox enabled. The primary mailbox was moved to on premise. We now got a new issue : It was possible to tag messages with flags, but they never appeared on the task list. Where do you start to troubleshoot this? Our first check is to see use OWA. Usually this will give us a hint if it is client or server side error. And … it looked faulty in owa. So this seems to be a mailbox error. What to do next? We tried to run Outlook with command line parameters – in this case /resettodotab . And….. that did not help. Next we tried to create new outlook mapi profile, but that did not help either. Then a more drastic approach – we did a export and import of the entire mailbox from Outlook. During the import we did select to overwrite existing elements. We also selected to start Outlook using the same command line /resettodotab. This time it worked out fine. This was a time consuming approach so now we tried to move another mailbox, with the same problem, to another mailboxdatabase and that also worked fine. Conclusion for us was to move the troublesom mailbox to another mailbox database and start Outlook with command line /resettodotab, We did not try to uninstall any office patch , since we had this problem on both Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013. This worked fine for small mailboxes (>500 MB) but not for larger ones.
Ended up creating a supportcase with Microsoft and the result of this is that this is an issue. Senario is when a Exchange 2010 mailbox is moved to O365 (Exchange 2016) Legacy attributes are removed from the mailbox. These attributes does not exist when the mailbox is moved back to onprem (Exchange 2010) and there for issues like this will emerge.
Why does it help to move a small mailbox to a new database? According to MS support : when a small mailbox( less than 500 Mb) is moved to a new database a new content table is created, this is not the case when you move a larger mailbox.
In a hybrid environment we moved mailboxes from onprem to Office 365. Some of the users felt response from a mailbox in O365 was to slow so we enabled an archive mailbox in cloud and migrated the primary mailbox to onprem server. As soon as this was done the archive mailbox disappeared from Outlook. Tried running the “Microsoft Remote Connectivity Analyzer” witch return the unexpected result of :
<ErrorCode>603</ErrorCode> <Message>The Active Directory user wasn’t found.</Message>
This was quite odd since the primary mailbox works in Outlook. Tried to compare to mailboxes , on where the archive was visible and one where it was not – they looked the same. Next I ran adsiedit to compare all values in ActiveDirectory for the two account. Nothing special, except one thing. On the one that did not work the AD attribute “msExchDelegateListBL” contained reference to an old onprem shared mailbox that had previously been moved to O365. Now this made som sense when Outlook run autodiscover it try to find and connect to all mailboxes that the user has been granted full access to. To solve this I had to use adsiedit on the active directory object of the old shared mailbox. Open properties for the mailbox and removed the problem user from the attribute “msExchDelegateListLink”.